- Yield 6 servings
To make this even lower in fat, use ground turkey breast.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chiles
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, trimmed and chopped
- Saute the onion and jalapeno chile in a 4-quart nonstick saucepan. Add the ground turkey and cook until the ground turkey is brown and crumbly, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chili powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the green chiles, tomatoes and cilantro to the ground turkey mixture and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into chili bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sarasota, Simply Sarasota, Creative Casual Cuisine (the Junior League of Sarasota 2007)