- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 50 mins
- 1 -- (12 pack) King's Hawaiian Original Rolls (3 cups cubed)*
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or spicy mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 -- large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place bread, turkey and cheese in a large bowl and blend with a large spoon gently. In another bowl, whisk eggs, add flour and whisk, and then add mustard, melted butter, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread, turkey and cheese; stir gently to blend (be careful not to over-stir as the bread can become overly moist and break apart).
- Let stand for five to ten minutes for bread to absorb liquid.
- Pour into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 50 minutes (should be lightly golden and puffed). Test with a knife inserted into center; it should come out clean with little liquid on the knife.
- For a lighter dish, consider using low-fat mild cheddar cheese and low-fat milk.
*Any King's Hawaiian product, cubed, will be ideal for this recipe, including Snacker Rolls or Original Round Bread.