Turkey Caprese Wrap
- Yield: servings
- 1 multigrain tortilla or favorite healthy flatbread
- 2-3slices all-natural/organic turkey breast, sliced
- 1/2cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half if large
- 1/4cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (I like smoked mozzarella)
- 2tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1teaspoon minced shallot or red onion
- drizzle of olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, shallot or red onion and olive oil.
- Mix to combine.
- Layer turkey slices on tortilla, add tomato salad, and roll into a wrap.
- Slice in half and secure each half with a toothpick, if desired.
Source: Winnie Abramson is a Hudson Valley, NY-based food writer and photographer. She shares her favorite healthy, seasonal recipes — as well as her adventures in organic gardening, backyard chickens, and beekeeping — at her blog: Healthy Green Kitchen.