Turkey Burgers with Apple and Brie
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound ground turkey
- 1/2medium onion, sliced
- 1/4cup dark beer
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12-inch) loaf Italian bread, cut crosswise into quarters
- 2medium Granny Smith applies, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2ounces Brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1cup arugula
- Combine the turkey, onion, beer, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide into quarters; shape into four patties.
- Brush both sides of the patties with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Split each bread quarter lengthwise. Brush the cut sides of the bread and both sides of the apple slices with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill the apple slices to desired doneness; set aside.
- Grill the turkey patties until cooked through, turning once.
- Top each with a cheese slice and heat until melted.
- Grill the bread cut sides down until toasted.
- Serve the burgers on the grilled bread topped with the apple slices and arugula.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Boston, Boston Uncommon, a Culinary Journey Through Boston’s Distinctive Neighborhoods (The Junior League of Boston, 2007)