Turkey-Broccoli Salad with Grapes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar or substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1 pound cooked turkey breast, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted, or sunflower kernels
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- For vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt. Cover and shake well.
- In a very large bowl, combine shredded broccoli, turkey, grapes, and carrot.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle with almonds and pepper just before serving.
From Diabetic Living Quick and Easy Meals; Wiley 2010; reprinted with permission from the publisher.