Turkey Bread Pudding Florentine
- Yield: 10 servings
- 5-- eggs
- 4-- egg whites
- 3cups skim milk
- 1/4cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-- (16-ounce) loaf day-old French bread, cut into 16 slices, divided
- 1/2pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 2-- (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cups shredded, reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 1cup cooked, chopped turkey
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, salt and pepper together in a large bowl; set aside. Place half the bread slices in pan.
- Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushrooms, garlic and onions; saute over medium-high heat until tender. Add spinach and flour, stirring to mix well.
- Spread mixture over bread layer. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and turkey. Top with remaining bread. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Pour egg mixture over top, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Holly Clegg, a cookbook writer in Baton Rouge, La.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 248
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 109mg
- Sodium 560mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 18g