Turkey Apricot Rice Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Use leftover turkey and wild or brown rice in this great salad.
Turn leftovers into tomorrow's dinner by spiking wild rice with vivid colors, flavors and toasty crunchy almonds for an undemanding and unforgettable salad.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups cooked wild or brown rice
- 2 cups chopped, skinless cooked turkey
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into strips (about 6-ounces)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried mixed berries
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, oil, honey and ginger in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except almonds, in a large bowl. Combine with dressing and toss with almonds.
Tip: Use kitchen scissors to cut dried fruit into strips.
Reprinted with permission for Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Too Hot in the Kitchen.