Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Yield 8 servings
Using the dark meat of the turkey will add more flavor to this soup.
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 -- (10-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Melt the margarine in a large pan and saute the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms until tender-crisp. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the chicken broth and milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the wild rice and turkey. Adjust seasonings. Simmer until heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from South Carolina Outdoor Press Association’s Wild Fare and Wise Words (Columbia, South Carolina, 2005).