Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6tablespoons margarine
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1cup chopped celery
- 1/2cup chopped carrots
- 1/2cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6tablespoons all-purpose flour
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-- (10-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4cups milk
- 2cups cooked wild rice
- 2cups cubed cooked turkey
- Melt the margarine in a large pan and saute the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms until tender-crisp. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the chicken broth and milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the wild rice and turkey. Adjust seasonings. Simmer until heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from South Carolina Outdoor Press Association’s Wild Fare and Wise Words (Columbia, South Carolina, 2005).