Turkey and Wild Rice Cream Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6tablespoons butter
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 2cups half-and-half
- 3cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 1/2cups cooked wild rice
- 1cup chopped turkey
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1/2cup sliced celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the flour and stir until blended. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; do not allow to brown.
- Add the half-and-half and 1 cup of the broth gradually, whisking constantly until blended. Bring to a boil and cook for several minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining 2 cups broth, wild rice, turkey, onion and celery to the half-and-half mixture and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Dallas, Dallas Dish (Junior League of Dallas, 2005)