The National Turkey Federation
- 1 1/2pounds boneless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1-- large onion, chopped
- 2teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1pound (1 small) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2-- medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-- large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1-- (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained and rinsed
- 12-- kalamata olives, pitted
- 1-- (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1-- large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-- large green pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3-- Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1-- (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 6-- servings couscous
- 1/2teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4cup golden raisins
- 1-- (4 ounce) package Feta cheese, crumbled
In large self-closing plastic bag, combine oil, vinegar, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Add turkey cubes. Close bag and knead to combine turkey and oil mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
Lightly coat a 5-quart saucepan with vegetable spray. Over medium-high heat, brown turkey in batches, removing each batch when browned.
Re-spray pan. Add onion and garlic; saute about 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add squash and carrots and cook about 1 minute.
Add lemon, capers and olives, stirring to combine. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
Add zucchini, green pepper, tomatoes and chick peas to turkey/vegetable mixture. Return to boil; reduce heat and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Prepare couscous according to package directions and add tumeric.
Stir raisins into cooked couscous. Arrange on large platter and top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with Feta cheese.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 498
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 87mg
- Sodium 923mg
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Protein 40g