Turkey and Rice Bake
- Yield 6 servings
Maple syrup gives this turkey dish a New England feel and makes a nice change of peace.
- 1 1/3 cups rice
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can French onion soup
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless turkey breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 2-quart oblong baking dish, mix rice, chicken broth and onion soup, stirring well.
- Lay turkey breast on top of rice. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle maple syrup over top. Cover tightly with foil and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and turkey is tender.