Turkey and Apple Pitas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2large whole wheat pita rounds
- 2cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 12 thin slices cooked turkey breast
- 1small apple, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Cut the pita rounds into halves and open to form pockets. Fill with the spinach, onion rings, turkey and apple slices.
- Mix the yogurt, honey and mustard in a bowl. Spoon some of the mixture over the sandwich filling and serve the remaining mixture with the sandwiches.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, First Impressions, Dining with Distinction (the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, Inc., 2001).