Turkey and Apple Pitas
- Yield 4 servings
The taste of the turkey with the sweetness and crunch of the apple makes for a delightful sandwich. If you can't find pita bread, use flat bread and simply fold like a taco.
- 2 large whole wheat pita rounds
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 12 thin slices cooked turkey breast
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Cut the pita rounds into halves and open to form pockets. Fill with the spinach, onion rings, turkey and apple slices.
- Mix the yogurt, honey and mustard in a bowl. Spoon some of the mixture over the sandwich filling and serve the remaining mixture with the sandwiches.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, First Impressions, Dining with Distinction (the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, Inc., 2001).