- Yield: 8 servings
"This recipe has been in our family about 40 years. It is good for a gathering or covered dish affair. You can make it ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake. It also freezes well."
- 1 1/4cups (2-inch) spaghetti pieces
- 1/4cup minced pimento
- 1/4cup diced green pepper
- 1/2cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2cup grated onion
- 1 1/2 to 2cups cooked turkey or chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1(0 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook spaghetti until barely tender, as label directs. Drain and rinse with hot water. Drain well. Mix with all ingredients except cheeses. Toss lightly. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake 45 minutes to one hour.
—Ann M. Duerr, Mt. Wolf, Pa.