- Yield 8 servings
Turkey and spaghetti cooked in cream of mushroom soup and sprinkled with cheddar and parmesan cheese
"This recipe has been in our family about 40 years. It is good for a gathering or covered dish affair. You can make it ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake. It also freezes well."
- 1 1/4 cups (2-inch) spaghetti pieces
- 1/4 cup minced pimento
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1(0 1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook spaghetti until barely tender, as label directs. Drain and rinse with hot water. Drain well. Mix with all ingredients except cheeses. Toss lightly. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake 45 minutes to one hour.
—Ann M. Duerr, Mt. Wolf, Pa.