Tupelo Honey Coleslaw
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4cups shredded green cabbage (from 1 medium cabbage)
- 2cups shredded red cabbage (from 1 small red cabbage)
- 1cup peeled, shredded carrot (about 2 large carrots)
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 1/2teaspoons ketchup
- 5tablespoons sugar
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/8teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 1/2teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup canola oil
- Combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrot in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, ketchup, and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Put the vinegar mixture in a food processor and add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, stone-ground mustard, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Blend and slowly drizzle in the canola oil until the mixture is emulsified.
- Combine the vegetables with the dressing, adding the dressing a little at a time until it suits your personal slaw to dressing ratio. Any leftover dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week.
—From Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville’s New South Kitchen by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus/Andrews McMeel Publishing