Tunnel of Cheese Muffins
- Yield: 12 servings
- Butter for muffin tins
- 2cups biscuit mix
- 5slices bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled
- 2/3cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 (1/2-inch) cubes Wisconsin Emmentaler Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Generously butter a 12-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Stir biscuit mix and bacon together in medium bowl. Add milk and egg, stirring just until blended. Divide half the batter among the 12 muffin cups. Place Swiss Cheese cube in the center of each. Top with remaining batter, spreading to cover cheese completely.
- Bake 25 minutes, until golden. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board