Tunisian-Spiced California Raisin Hummus
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Here's a tasty dip for snacking or parties—healthy, too.
- 1 (15 ounces) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons California golden raisins; for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley; for garnish
- 4 pita pocket breads, cut into 24 triangles
- Combine garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, curry powder, cinnamon, cloves, shallot, oil and raisins in food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, allow hummus to warm to room temperature. Garnish with raisins and chopped parsley. Serve with pita bread triangles.
Note: For dipping, thin hummus with 1/4 cup milk.
Recipe by Lisa Keys.