Tunisian Fire Chicken Kebabs
- Yield 4 servings
Piney caraway, gingery cardamom, and citrusy coriander, along with red saffron, golden turmeric and crackling crystals of Moroccan sea salt, season these easy grilled chicken kebabs.
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 pinches Tunisian Fire Chef Salt
- 1 -- (6-ounces) plan yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds boneless chicken (breast and/or thighs), cut in 2-inch chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 12 chunks
- 4 -- (12-inch) metal skewers
- -- Olive oil for coating kebabs
- Mix the Tunisian Fire Chef Salt, yogurt, and water in a large zipper-lock bag. Add the chicken, press out air and seal; refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile boil the sweet potato until tender, about 7 minutes; drain.
- Light a grill for medium heat. Remove the chicken from bad and pat dry. Thread 4 chicken chunks alternating with 3 sweet potato chunks on each of 4 skewers. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches of Tunisian Fire. Grill until chicken is resilient and sweet potatoes are soft and browned, 10 to 12 minutes, turning twice.
Recipe copyright Andrew Schloss and David Joachim, courtesy of Chef Salt.