Tuna Steaks with Horseradish Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
This gourmet-tating tuna can be made ahead and only takes minutes to cook when ready to serve.
- Horseradish Sauce:
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Creole or other spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds tuna steaks, 1/2- to 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- Horseradish Sauce (recipe follows)
- To prepare the sauce: Combine mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard together in a small bowl.
- To prepare the tuna: Rinse and trim tuna steaks.
- In a food processor or with a fork, combine almonds, flour, garlic, basil, thyme, rosemary, pepper and water to make a paste. Spread paste on both sides of the tuna steaks and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat until hot and cook tuna steaks 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until done. If desired, wine can be added to the pan when cooking. Serve with Horseradish Sauce.