Tuna Steaks with Horseradish Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Horseradish Sauce:
- 2/3cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2tablespoons Creole or other spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 to 2pounds tuna steaks, 1/2- to 1-inch thick
- 3tablespoons finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon dried thyme
- 1tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2tablespoons water
- 2tablespoons white wine (optional)
- Horseradish Sauce (recipe follows)
- To prepare the sauce: Combine mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard together in a small bowl.
- To prepare the tuna: Rinse and trim tuna steaks.
- In a food processor or with a fork, combine almonds, flour, garlic, basil, thyme, rosemary, pepper and water to make a paste. Spread paste on both sides of the tuna steaks and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat until hot and cook tuna steaks 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until done. If desired, wine can be added to the pan when cooking. Serve with Horseradish Sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 378
- Fat 12.5g
- Saturated Fat 2.7g
- Cholesterol 71mg
- Sodium 463mg