Tuna Pasta Salad
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
A super salad that's packed with flavor, not fat.
- 1 (16-ounce) package tricolored rotini
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 onion, cut into thin slices and rings separated
- 1 (12-ounce) can solid white tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions omitting any salt and oil. Drain and combine with the broccoli florets, tomatoes, olives, onion and tuna. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, water, olive oil, mustard and pepper. Beat with a fork vigorously. Pour over the pasta mixture. Toss gently. Chill 2 hours. Toss gently before serving.