Tuna Chip Casserole
- Yield 2 to 3 servings
"This recipe was handed down from my mother, who made it for us (5) kids. We used to beg for it, and would scrape the pot when it was gone. It's not to eye-appealing, but the more you eat, the more you want."
- 1 can drained tuna fish (packed in water, preferably)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 (6-ounce) bag regular potato chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Mix mushroom soup with 1/2 can water and 1/2 can milk in a large saucepan.
- Flake in drained tuna. Mix thoroughly while heating.
- Crunch bag of potato chips into bits, and mix into soup with tuna. Stir until all chips are soaked.
- Remove from heat and let sit a few minutes. Stir and serve.
- Garnish with shredded cheese. Green peas are a good complement to the casserole.
—Joe Rein, Midlothian, Va.