Tuna Avocado Sub
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1can (6 ounce) chunk light tuna, packed in water, drained and well flaked
- 1medium avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/2cup diced tomato
- 2tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 1tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2small whole wheat sub rolls
- 2large lettuce leaves
- Combine the tuna, avocado, tomato, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the sub rolls, top with a lettuce leaf, slice in half, and serve.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD, Authors, The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers