Tuna and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Canned tuna, toasted walnuts, jarred roasted red peppers and cooked pasta—dinner is done.
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces Fusilli (corkscrew), penne, or other large pasta shape
- 1 -- (6-ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup California walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted, peeled red peppers (packed in jars
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl place the yogurt, vinegar, olives, thyme and garlic. Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Set aside. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done. Drain in a colander, then rinse well and drain again. Place in a large bowl with the tuna, walnuts, and peppers and toss to combine.
- Before serving, add the dressing and stir to coat the ingredients evenly. Sprinkle with parsley.