Tuna and Avocado Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Seared ahi tuna is paired with mild velvety avocado and tossed with a fiery vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds fresh ahi tuna fillets, 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 to 2 ripe medium avocados, chopped
- Season tuna to taste. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Add tuna and sear for only 1 to 2 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. (Tuna should remain rare inside.)
- Cut tuna into small chunks and place in a large bowl. Add green and red onion, and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients,except avocados. Add avocados and gently toss. Pour over tuna and carefullytoss together.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.