Tuna and Avocado Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Seared ahi tuna is paired with mild velvety avocado and tossed with a fiery vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds fresh ahi tuna fillets, 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 to 2 ripe medium avocados, chopped
- Season tuna to taste. Sear tuna over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side. For thicker cuts, add extra time. Make sure tuna is still rare in the center.
- Slice tuna into small chunks and and combine with green and red onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the avocado. Before serving, add avocado and tuna and gently toss with vinaigrette.