- Yield 6 servings
This simple and delicious trout is topped with a tasty meuniere sauce.
- 6 -- trout fillets
- -- Salt to taste
- -- Pepper to taste
- -- Louisiana hot sauce to taste
- -- Flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- -- Juice of 2 small lemons
- 1/4 cup water
- -- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Pat the trout dry. Season with salt, pepper and Louisiana hot sauce. Dust the trout with flour.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over high heat until melted. Add the trout. Cook until the trout flakes easily, turning once. Remove to a warm plate and cover.
- Add the lemon juice and water to the skillet and deglaze, scraping the bottom well. Pour over the fish. Top with parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Alexandria’s Secret Ingredients (The Junior League of Alexandria, Louisiana, Inc., 2000).