- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 trout fillets, about 6 ounces
- 1/2teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1tablespoon margarine, divided use
- 2tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and parsley or watercress sprigs for garnish
- Pat trout dry and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Place 1 teaspoon margarine in 9-inch glass pie plate. Microwave, uncovered on high for 45 seconds, or until melted. Stir in almonds; toss to coat. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until lightly golden brown, stirring once. Let stand 5 minutes and reserve.
- Place remaining 2 teaspoons margarine in a microwave-safe (7 x 11 inch) dish. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to melt. Stir in lemon juice. Coat fish mixture and arrange skin side down in dish. Tuck under thing edges to make an even thickness. Cover loosely with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes and allow to stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Cook just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to warm plates and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and parsley garnish.