Photo and Styling: Karry Hosford
- 1 1/2cups baked mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
- 1/3pound butter, softened
- 2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 1/2teaspoons milk
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 2tablespoons white rum, optional
- 1 1/2cups angel flake coconut
- 2pounds powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- Place roasted sweet potatoes, butter, milk, vanilla and almond extracts, cinnamon and rum (if using) in a food processor and process until smooth. Place the potato mixture in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle blade.
- Add coconut and 1 pound of the sifted powdered sugar. Mix well. Add more sugar one cup at a time until you reach a consistency of hard cookie dough. Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches around. Dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until serving time.