Tropical Shrimp Salsa over Rice
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Tropical, spicy flavors lend a Polynesian air to this dish.
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, with their juices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute shrimp over medium heat until pink, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, salsa, pineapple, orange juice and parsley. Cook 10 minutes, until well blended and hot. Serve over cooked rice.