Tropical Shrimp Salad
- Yield 4 servings
A refreshing shrimp salad spooned into melon halves.
- 2 small honeydew melons or cantaloupes, chilled
- 1 pound fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber (about 1 small)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut each melon in half and remove the seeds and pulp. Scoop melon flesh from each half, and chop, leaving 1-inch thick shell.
- Mix pineapple chunks, chopped melon, cucumber and shrimp together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dillweed, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice and then mix with shrimp mixture. Spoon a fourth of filling into each shell. Serve immediately.