Tropical Mango Sorbet
- Yield 8 servings
A cooling nonfat sorbet that will take your taste buds straight to the tropics.
- 3 -- mangos, peeled, pitted and cubed (makes 2 cups of puree)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice from 1 medium lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup chilled pineapple juice
- -- Lime peel or small lime wedge (garnish)
- Puree mangos, sugar, lime juice and extract in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to the bowl of an ice cream maker and stir in pineapple juice; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 week. Garnish with twists of lime peel or small lime wedges.