Tropical Mahi Mahi
- Yield 4 servings
Try tuna steaks or halibut in place of the mahi mahi.
- 1/3 cup chopped peach
- 1/3 cup chopped melon
- 1/3 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup chopped mango
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 -- (6 ounce) mahi mahi steaks
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Combine the peach, melon, strawberries, mango, cilantro and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Season each steak with 3/4 teaspoon of the blackening seasong. Heat a saute pan over high heat. Add the butter and the fish. Let cook for 5 minutes. Turn the fish and drizzle with the honey. Cook until cooked through. Serve with the fruit salsa.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., Paradise Servied, South Florida's Culinary Destination (Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., 2009)