Tropical Mahi Mahi
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3cup chopped peach
- 1/3cup chopped melon
- 1/3cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3cup chopped mango
- 1/3cup chopped cilantro
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4-- (6 ounce) mahi mahi steaks
- 1tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1 1/2tablespoons butter
- 4teaspoons honey
- Combine the peach, melon, strawberries, mango, cilantro and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Season each steak with 3/4 teaspoon of the blackening seasong. Heat a saute pan over high heat. Add the butter and the fish. Let cook for 5 minutes. Turn the fish and drizzle with the honey. Cook until cooked through. Serve with the fruit salsa.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., Paradise Servied, South Florida's Culinary Destination (Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale, Inc., 2009)