Tropical Chicken and Watermelon Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 fresh cut pineapple
- 1large red pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1large garlic clove, chopped
- 2cups precooked rotisserie chicken without skin, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon curry powder
- 1package instant brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Watermelon Salad:
- 4cups cubed watermelon
- 1/4 Vidalia onion, sliced thinly
- 1/3cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons canola oil
- Minty Greek Yogurt:
- 1/2cup fat-free Greek yogurt topped with:
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/2teaspoon fresh mint
- To make the chicken: Heat oil in large non-stick sauté pan; add pineapple, red pepper, mango and garlic. Cook for about five minutes until slightly softened. Add chopped chicken, salt and curry powder and cook until hot. Serve over cooked rice.
- To make the salad: Combine watermelon, onion and cilantro in a serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt and oil.
- To make the yogurt: Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- To serve: Pour dressing over salad and serve with chicken and Minty Greek Yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 590
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 372mg
- Fiber 7g