Tropical Chicken and Watermelon Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Using a rotisserie chicken makes this a quick and healthy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 fresh cut pineapple
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups precooked rotisserie chicken without skin, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 package instant brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Watermelon Salad:
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/4 Vidalia onion, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- Minty Greek Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt topped with:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint
- To make the chicken: Heat oil in large non-stick sauté pan; add pineapple, red pepper, mango and garlic. Cook for about five minutes until slightly softened. Add chopped chicken, salt and curry powder and cook until hot. Serve over cooked rice.
- To make the salad: Combine watermelon, onion and cilantro in a serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt and oil.
- To make the yogurt: Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- To serve: Pour dressing over salad and serve with chicken and Minty Greek Yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids