- Yield 10-12 servings
"My family loves this sweet quick bread. It is easy to make. We eat it for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or as a dessert. It is a great hit at potluck dinners."
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat together sugar, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Stir in bananas and coconut. Combine flour and soda. Add to banana mixture.
- Bake in two greased 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans for 35 to 40 minutes.
- To see if bread is done, insert a toothpick in the center of loaf. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool slightly and frost with confectioners’ sugar frosting. Cover bread to keep it from drying.
- To make the frosting, sift sugar and mix with milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread over each loaf and sprinkle coconut on top.
Flo Burtnett, Gage, Okla.