Tropical Bread Pudding
- Yield 5-8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 40 mins
Canned pineapple flavors this taste of the tropics.
- 2 1/2 cups King's Hawaiian Bread crumbs (about 8 ounces)*
- 1 -- (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 -- (12 oz.) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -- egg whites
- 18 ounces package non-dairy topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. *Prepare bread crumbs by placing bread into food processor bowl fit with steel blade attachment (use "pulse" setting until desired crumb size is reached). Or, use a blender to crumb bread.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread crumbs on bottom of pan; do not press into place.
- Spoon crushed pineapple evenly over bread crumbs and sprinkle with coconut.
- Whisk together milk, sugar, vanilla, and egg whites. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm in center. Allow to cool.
- Serve with non-dairy whipped topping.