Triple Onion Potato Chip Dip
- For the Onions
- 2 whole red onions, finely minced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creamy Dip
- 2cups sour cream
- 1 bunch of scallions, white and green parts
- 1/2cup fried shallots
- 2teaspoons granulated onion powder
- 1tablespoon salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and vinegar and continue to sauté for another 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until completely cool.
- Garnish with extra onions and serve with chips, crackers, and assorted vegetables.
Recipe Courtesy of New England Soup Factory