Triple Coffee Tiramisu
- Yield 12 servings
The silken tofu purees beautifully with the mascarpone cheese for a creamy, rich filling.
The egg whites are beaten with a cooked sugar syrup to ensure they are brought to the safe temperature
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons Kaluha (coffee liquor)
- 36 ladyfingers
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package firm silken tofu
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Combine coffee and Kaluha in a shallow dish. Quickly dip 36 ladyfinger halves, flat sides down, into coffee mixture; arrange dipped sides down in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Dip 36 more ladyfinger halves, flat sides down, into coffee mixture; arrange, dipped sides down on top of first layer. Pour remaining coffee mixture over ladyfingers.
- Combine mascarpone cheese, brown sugar and tofu in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Place tofu mixture in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed tuntil stiff peaks form. Combine granulated sugar and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook without stirring until candy thermometer registers 238 degrees. Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed. Stir one-third of egg white mixture into tofu mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spread meringue evenly over ladyfingers; sprinkle with cocoa and garnish with coffee beans, if desired. Cover and chill 2 hours
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council