Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Yield 2
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 12 mins
Cocoa, milk chocolate and dark chocolate combine to flavor these healthful cookies.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl, stirring with a spoon until creamy. Add oil, egg and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Whisk together flours, cocoa and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir well. Stir in both chocolates and pecans, if using. Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes, until cookies are just set. Cool on a wire rack. Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Recipe adapted with permission from The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life, by Ellie Krieger (The Taunton Press, 2008).