Triple Chocolate Almond Cake
- Yield: 15-20 servings
- 1box dark chocolate cake
- 1box 4 oz. instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 3/4cup sour cream
- 1/2cup water
- 1/2cup canola oil
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 4large eggs
- 3 1/4tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4cups semi-dark chocolate chips
- 1/2cup toasted almonds - chopped
- 1cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2tablespoons milk
- 1/4teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and almonds in large bowl, beat at medium speed for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes with electric mixer.
- Add almonds and chocolate chips and mix lightly. Pour into 10" fluted tube pan that has been greased and dusted with cocoa.
- Bake 50-50 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick or cake tester.
- Cool 15 minutes and remove from pan. Mix topping ingredients and pour over warm cake.