Triple Chocolate Almond Cake
- 1 box dark chocolate cake
- 1 box 4 oz. instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/4 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups semi-dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds - chopped
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and almonds in large bowl, beat at medium speed for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes with electric mixer.
Add almonds and chocolate chips and mix lightly. Pour into 10" fluted tube pan that has been greased and dusted with cocoa.
Bake 50-50 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick or cake tester.
Cool 15 minutes and remove from pan. Mix topping ingredients and pour over warm cake.