Triple Berry Smoothie
- Yield 3 3/4 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A powerful combination of super-nutritious (and super-yummy) berries and flaxseeds, full of inflammation-fighting omega-3 fats, this smoothie makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
Add a scoop of whey powder, available in most large grocery stores and natural food stores, for a protein boost.
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Combine the yogurt, water, and orange juice in a blender and process for a few seconds. Add the strawberries and process until well blended, then add the blueberries, raspberries, flaxseeds, and honey or maple syrup and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Used with permission from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery, by Rebecca Katz