Tricolor Pasta Salad
- Yield 8 servings
Your kids are going to love this colorful side dish.
- 14 ounces tricolor tortellini
- 1 pound fresh or frozen chopped cauliflower, carrots and broccoli
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 -- (2-ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta in boiling water in a saucepan for 10 minutes; drain. Steam the cauliflower mixture and peas in a steamer; drain.
- Combine the pasta, vegetables and olives in a bowl and mix gently.
- Add the cheese, mayonnaise, pepper and salt to the pasta mixture and toss to combine. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of New Orleans’ Crescent City Moons, Dishes and Spoons (the Junior League of New Orleans, Louisiana, 2010).