Tri-Colored Raw Pasta
Guiltless Italian Marinara combines a symphony of veggies for a robust pasta-like dish.
- 3 medium size zuchinni
- 3 large carrots
- 3 medium size beets
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped/diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in water for an hour, drained)
- 1 cup medjoul dates (pitted)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- Cashew Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup raw, dried cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut beets, carrots and zucchini with a Spiralizer or vegetable peeler into long, noodle-like pieces. A food processor can be used for smaller vegetable noodles. Set noodles aside.
- Combine marinara ingredients in the food processor with the S blade (sabatier blade). Pulse until a creamy marinara texture forms.
- Remove marinara sauce from the food processor. Rinse and dry the food processor bowl.
- Place cashew parmesan cheese ingredients into the clean food processor with the S blade in place. Pulse until a parmesan cheese-like texture forms.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all vegetables and the marinara until the pasta is completely covered.
- Serve with cashew parmesan topping and garnish with fresh basil and dried oregano.
Recipe Courtesy of Ami Beach, chef and co-owner of G-Zen Restaurant