Tri-Color Pasta with Tuna, Spinach and Artichoke Hearts
- Yield 8 servings
This fresh and wholesome dish can be easily adapted to suit a variety of audiences. Perfect for left overs and on the go!
- 12 ounces tri-color pasta
- 1 can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 -- lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the pasta and stir. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) of the cooking water. Transfer pasta to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Add reserved cooking water, and toss to combine. Can be served warm, at room temperature or cold.
Reprinted with permission from The Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook by Tosca Reno, Robert Kennedy Publishing.