Chicken and Radicchio Salad with Mozzarella
- Yield 4 servings
Rotisserie chicken gets a new spin in this salad with radicchio, mozzarella, olives and tomatoes.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 -- red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -- red and/or yellow bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small head of radicchio, quartered
- -- Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, slivered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup (oil packed) sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup good quality garlic flavored croutons
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (dolce or regular)
- -- Basil sprigs, for garnish
- Place chicken chunks, and onion in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette, preserves and red pepper flakes. (Remove and reserve 1/3 cup.) Pour vinaigrette mixture over chicken mixture; set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush bell pepper and radicchio with olive oil and cook in grill pan until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cut pepper and radicchio into thin slices. Add to chicken mixture; tossing to mix. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- To serve, add salad greens, basil, tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and croutons to chicken mixture. Pour over enough reserved vinaigrette to coat; tossing to mix.
- Divide among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.