Trail Mix Clusters
- Yield 16 pieces
Trail mix is the ultimate portable snack that’s easy to tote along when traveling, hiking, or going on road trips.
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried currants
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bottom of a medium bowl, whisk together the egg white and honey until frothy. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to thoroughly coat everything with the egg white mixture.
- Spoon tablespoons of the nut mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until deeply golden brown and fragrant, 15-18 minutes. Cool completely before serving or storing. Store in an airtight container.
Reprinted with permission from Hallie Klecker’s The Pure Kitchen (Pure Living Press, 2011), www.dailybitesblog.com