- Yield: 8 servings
Traditional Colcannon is often associated with St. Patrick's Day, but the combination of potatoes, cabbage, and leeks is perfect throughout the cooler months of fall and winter!
- 1 1/2pounds Russet poatoes
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for garnish
- 1 chopped Savoy cabbage
- 2 chopped leeks, tough stems removed
- 1cup milk
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Boil potatoes over high heat until soft. Drain and let cool.
- Heat butter in large pan over medium heat. Add cabbage, leeks, milk, nutmeg and salt. Cook until soft.
- Mash potatoes until almost smooth. Add potatoes to cabbage mixture. Stir to combine. Ladle mixture into baking dish, smoothing out the top, and broil for 5 minutes. Top with melted butter. Serve hot.