Trader Joe’s Kale and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Chicken Copycat
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 5cups finely chopped kale
- 2cups shredded green cabbage
- 3cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1cup chopped chicken breast
- 1/2cup dried cranberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, plus more for garnish
- Sweet and Spicy Dressing
- 1cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all of the Sweet and Spicy dressing ingredients into a big bowl. Mix with a whisk. Taste and season accordingly. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad. Toss chopped kale, broccoli slaw, and green cabbage together. Add in the chicken, the cranberries, and the sunflower seeds. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss it all together. Let the salad sit for 30 minutes or so to allow kale to soften.
This recipe originally appeared on Snack Therapy as Kale and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Chicken: Copycat Recipe.