Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas Copycat
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1cup dark chocolate chips
- 2tablespoons coconut oil
- Place banana slices on a tray and put the tray in the freezer until the slices are frozen. About an hour.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for another 15 seconds and stir again until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. Don’t overheat. Set the chocolate aside to cool.
- Dip frozen banana slices into the cooled chocolate and coat on all sides. An easy method is to set the slices on a fork and then use a spoon to help drizzle the chocolate all over. Let any excess chocolate drip off before setting the slice down on parchment or waxed paper. Put the slices back in the freezer right away.
- You can store the slices in a zip lock freezer baggie once the chocolate has hardened.
This recipe originally appeared as Minimal Monday: Copycat Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas! from The View From Great Island.