Totem Pole Tortellini
- Yield 20 Small Kabobs
A playfully creative snack featuring cherry tomatoes and tortellini that kids will love.
- 10 large or 20 small bamboo skewers
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into about 20 cubes
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, cut into about 20 cubes
- 2 cups rainbow cheese tortellini, cooked and cooled
- 20 grape or small cherry tomatoes
- 20 whole black olives
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing for serving
- Totem Pole Faces:
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Matchstick carrots
- Red and green bell pepper
- Green onions
- Black and green olives
- Shredded wheat
- On a skewer, arrange cheese cubes, tortellini, tomatoes, and olives as desired to make totem poles.
- By using another bamboo skewer to poke holes or by affixing with toothpicks, add hair made of shredded purple cabbage, matchstick carrots, the dark green ends of green onions, or shredded wheat. Make eyes out of olives or capers. Make mouths out of red bell pepper pieces.
Recipe from Noodlemania! 50 Playful Pasta Recipes by Melissa Barlow (Quirk Books, 2013)