Weeknight Tortilla Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Pickled canned jalapenos
- 12medium Tomatoes
- 1small onion
- 4large garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 8ounces sour cream
- 1package corn tortillas
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the tomatoes, jalapenos,onions,garlic and cilantro in food processsor and puree.
- Heat 1 T veg oil in large soup pot.
- Put the pureed mixture in the heated oil and simmer 5 min.
- Add some salt and all the chix broth. Simmer for about 15 min
- Meanwhile cut the corn tortillas into strips and fry in oil until brown, drain on a paper towel.
- Dish into bowls and garnish with 1 T of sour cream, monterey jack cheese and the crisp tortilla strips.