Tortilla de Papas
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2cups quartered cooked artichoke hearts
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 roasted yellow peppers, sliced
- 2tablespoons vinaigrette-style dressing
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 4teaspoons unsalted butter
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 kosher salt
- 2 Spanish onions, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine the artichokes, peppers, vinaigrette, parsley, thyme, and a pinch of pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes, season with the salt and a pinch of pepper, and cook, turning them occasionally to cook evenly, about 8 minutes. Add the onions and cook until the potatoes are tender but not browned, 4 to 7 minutes more.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and blend with a fork. Do not whip them to a foam. Add the potato mixture to the eggs and toss gently to coat with the eggs.
- Return the pan to medium heat and melt 2 teaspoons of the remaining butter. Pour the egg-vegetable mixture into the pan and cook without stirring until the bottom is set and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Tip the tortilla out of the pan onto a platter. Return the pan to the heat and melt the remaining teaspoon of butter. Slide the tortilla back into the pan, browned side facing up, and cook until the second side is browned, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve the tortilla sliced into wedges, topped with the artichoke and peppers and sprinkled with the goat cheese.
From Healthy Cooking: At Home With the Culinary Institute of America; Wiley 2010