Tortellini Tomato Soup
- Yield 4 servings
This soup is simple to make and delicious.
- 3 -- (14-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini or spinach tortellini
- 4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can tomato soup
- -- Chopped fresh basil and/or fresh chives to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan and add the pasta. Simmer for 5 minutes. Combine 1/3 cup of the hot broth with the cream cheese in a heatproof bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and tomato soup to the pasta mixture and mix well. Simmer until heated through. Stir in the basil and/or chives and ladle into soup bowls.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Devon Horse Show and County Fair’s Appetizers at Devon(Devon, Pennsylvania, 2008).